Japanese Recipes : Yakitori , Gomaae.
Today,there are more and more people getting interested with Japanese recipes. Why? Because they aren’t only taste good, but they are also comparatively healthier than their American counterparts. So, if you have always think of trying Japanese food but find that taking raw meat is a bit repulsive, now below are Japanese recipes that you might wish to try out.
Main dish: Yakitori
This is the popular Japanese recipes especially among the children because of its sweet sauce.
- Chicken parts such as thigh meat or liver
- Negi *
- 4 tablespoons of Japanese Soy Sauce
- Japanese cooking wine or Japanese Sake
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- Bamboo skewers
*Substitute Negi with leeks or green onion if not available
1. Cut and divide the chicken into small cubes size about 2 to 3 centimeters.
2. In a saucepan, pour in all the liquid ingredients and mix with sugar then simmer with low hear. Wait until the sugar is completely melted.
3. Marinate the chicken with the sauce and set aside for about 30 minutes.
4. Cut the Negi into 3 centimeters long while waiting for the marinade to seep in.
5. When the chicken gets ready, alternately skewer chicken with leeks.
6. Grill to perfection. Be careful not to burn them.
Side Dish: Gomaae
This spinach based Japanese recipes complements Yakitori.
- Fresh Spinach
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon of Japanese Rice Wine
- 2 tablespoons of ground sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons of Miso (Soybean paste)
1. Blanch the spinach.
2. Dry out the leaves by patting them with dry kitchen cloth or paper towel.
3. Once dry, cut them approximately 3 centimeters long.
4. Mix with other ingredients in a different container.
5. Toss the spinach to the mixture and serve.